Fighting Dreamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
---
Under Construction
---
FD Staff

Spots available
(contact Alex)

Spots available
(contact Alex)

Spots available
(contact Alex)

Spots available
(contact Alex)

Spots available
(contact Alex)
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Copyright Notice
"Naruto" © Masashi Kishimoto

Any works created on this site are © their respective owners. Creations taken and used without proper permissions and/or credit constitute plagiarism.

© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Important Announcement!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important Announcement!! Empty Important Announcement!!

Post by Alex Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Hey all! I want to start this off with the most important thing: I'm picking back up working on this site again. That said, there are a few things I want to tell you about how I'm going to go about developing the remaining things for the site.

1. Data Books

This is arguably one of the most time-consuming aspects of the site to develop, and by myself it will take a LONG time, not to mention it'll take a lot of cross-referencing because I'm too much of a perfectionist when creating my own things. So, my solution is this:

I (and/or any potential systems staff help) will be writing barebones structure for basic clans and any important global techniques (such as the Shadow Clone jutsu), and I will personally be handling the writing up of the Bijuu information, but I want to open up clans and anything that isn't restricted to creation by all of you, the players.

What this means is, while I'll be providing the flavor text and basic structure for SOME clans, I'm encouraging you to create clans and techniques for all non-clan specialties yourself. Of course, if you source from the Wiki/canon, I ask that you mark these for inclusion in the public Data Book.

I made this decision partly because I want to get the site ready for roleplay more quickly, but also because I feel like it'll be more fun for everyone to have the freedom to customize everything. I really want to encourage the creation of custom content for a more unique roleplay experience. You're free to write variations of techniques that you exist, and it opens up the possibility for you create a unique application of a technique concept (think Sasuke making chidori his own or Naruto creating Rasenshuriken). Those examples are a little higher tier, but the idea is the same. If this needs clarification, I'll be happy to provide it.

That said, once the site gets rolling, all Data Books will have an OPEN section and a RESTRICTED section. The Open section of a Data Book will list things that anyone can use, and the restricted section will list things that are, well, restricted. Any time you create something that isn't sourced from the wiki/canon, you can request that it be restricted and decide how you want it to be handled. Either the staff will handle the approvals for you within a certain number of maximum users, or you can be the one to decide who can and can't use your custom content. We ask that if you want to make these decisions yourself that you make them fairly! If you create something that a moderator decides can be approved but needs restriction, then it will automatically deemed restricted by staff decision and you won't have the option to restrict it to yourself. All of this will be laid out under the custom creations guide in more concise wording, so please look forward to when that gets posted, and feel free to give feedback on this in the meantime!

2. Events

One of the problems that caused Ultimate Shinobi to stagnate was there was very little to force people to interact outside of their circles or to participate in things across villages in general. It's difficult and unreasonable to expect a single person to keep a site rolling, so to make it easier for y'all to have some power to keep things moving, I'm opening up the ability to create events.

What I mean is, using the template, you can submit events for approval. If you do this, you can either run them yourself or leave it open for others to run if they want. You'll be responsible for coming up with the general idea of the event as well as potential rewards.

Of course, I'll still look for events staff to do larger scale events, but I want you all to "shape the world" as you see fit. Of course, when you run an event you'll be required to submit a summary of what happened to me so it can be written into the world lore/plot! The whole idea is that all these small user run events contribute to the development of the world in one way or another. Again, the idea is that you all should be able to create your own fun rather than having to rely on the staff to do it for you. We'll help you along, but ultimately you'll have the power to make the site as eventful as you want it to be!

3. Special Characteristics

I want to include Special Characteristics as something that sets certain characters apart from others. Dedicated role-players who participate in a lot of events and accomplish a lot of things in-character can be granted special quality of life bonuses. From the special ability to wield unique, legendary items that can only exist once in the world, to having enough renown or infamy that most people know who your character is, I want this to add a layer of diversity and open up more ways for characters to be able to interact. Some of these will be more numerous (such as Jinchuuriki, or special characteristics granted from Legendary aptitude tiers), but you will be able to get more rare characteristics through event participation, staff decision, or by creating them.

I want to make it clear that creating special characteristics will probably not be as common as I made it seem: if you want to create one yourself, you'll also have to make it sufficiently challenging to get. What this means is, if you want to make one for yourself, you'll have to outline exactly what your character will have to do in order to get this special characteristic. Of course, this means sometimes there's a possibility of failure. For example, let's say you want a special characteristic naming you "Destroyer of x Faction", and it will brand you with such a title that others will come to know you as that. You would have to achieve this feat in-character before it can be added to your character's arsenal, either before applying for the characteristic or after having it approved. Other ways this could be applied would be to become a Sage, such as the Toad Sage or something similar. Due to the nature of Special Characteristics I might finish everything else and open up the site before finishing this system, but the character arsenal template will still have a section for it.

I think that just about covers everything I wanted to talk about? If there's anything specific outside of this that you want to know about feel free to PM me on here or message me on discord. Otherwise feel free to leave feedback here! Smile

Alex

Alex

Character Info
Profile:
Arsenal:

https://www.deviantart.com/captaintigglesworth

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement!! Empty Re: Important Announcement!!

Post by Ancladar Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Nice to see an old site resurrect. Hoping to see more of the old blood come back here.

Ancladar
Ancladar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:49 pm

That's the idea! Smile Once I've gotten most stuff fixed (a lot of it just needs some finishing touches) I'll probably make a bigger announcement.

I'd also like to add that rather than having a points system for ranks, they will be objective-based. Meaning you'll have to fulfill certain requirements to rank up. Since ranks aren't an indicator of raw power, and more so lean toward in-character status, I felt this was a better approach and a much-needed change.

I'm re-posting all of the guides as I make small tweaks to them, some of it is new, but the hard things are mostly finished. I may not have the time to work tomorrow, but I'm holding myself to having the big stuff done by the 18th or 19th. With everything I said in the previous post, that should be doable, even with everything I have going on.

Alex

Alex

Character Info
Profile:
Arsenal:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Oh yes, also, there's a Spotify playlist up there now on the right side. I tried to load it with a bunch of stuff, but I'm always open to adding some of everyone else's faves. ^^

Starbucks gives me spotify premium so I've been using it a lot, lol. Figured it could be neat to have a playlist just for the site.

Anyway, my back hurts and I've gotta get up early so I'm calling it a night.

Much love. <3

Alex

Alex

Character Info
Profile:
Arsenal:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seika Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 pm

You have my attention.

Seika
Seika

Back to top Go down

Post by Sael Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 am

HOLY CRAP!! There is life here still!?!?!?!?!? I am filled with joy at this!

Sael

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:43 pm

LET THE WEEB ENERGY CONSUME YOU

Edit: If there's a particular clan you're interested in using on site open, let me know so I can either work on getting it made OR let me know if you want to try your hand at it and I'll get the template posted! Smile

Alex

Alex

Character Info
Profile:
Arsenal:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Caught something it seems, and just from last night I've started feeling sick. It slowed me down a bit, but there is just the puppetry to work on for the most part, and I've unlocked the character creation section if anybody wants to start working on some character ideas! If you've an idea for something that I have a template posted for, please feel free to get working on it so I can have a look this week! Smile

If there's a particular clan you want to work with let me know and I'll get it going, otherwise I'm going to open up the site for roleplay as soon as I get puppetry finished and posted!

I will be including tailed beasts, but I'll be introducing the first few via events once those are completed, so you'll have a chance at either acquiring them or just fighting them very soon!

Once everything gets rolling, if things seem like they're clunky or overly tedious PLEASE provide feedback so we can re-balance. I wanted to just get this done because I've missed RP so much, lol.

Alex

Alex

Character Info
Profile:
Arsenal:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum